Tuesday, September 26, 2017

New Review! Thicker Than Water by Dylan Allen 4 Cranky Stars

Thicker Than WaterThicker Than Water by Dylan Allen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Lucia is an author on the rise. Not only has her book been slated to be made into a movie there is a darker secret lurking under the surface. Living her daily life trying to not raise suspicion isn't much of a way to live. She loves aspects of her life but it's not all sunshine and roses. She suffered a great loss at the age of 6 and it has carried itself into her adult life. When she's set to transfer this book to a screenplay she didn't expect to meet the enigmatic Reese.


Reese has lived a privileged life. First he was an Olympic gold swimmer and now he's the president of Artemis Media. A company his family has run for generations. He's a strong activist in field of immigration. He reads a book that touches his life and he has to have it made into a film. Having never met the author in person in fact no one has he wasn't expecting the beautiful Lucia.


At times I struggled with this book simply because this isn't a topic I'm all to familiar with. I know this is a big issue in the States but like I said It's not something I'm 100% aware of. That posed many questions for me like if Lucia is trying to fly under the radar why put a book out there to garner her attention she doesn't want? I fully understand wanting to tell your story but I guess it was just counterproductive to me.


It's a very good love story. It shows that no matter nationality or age or really any circumstance is too large to overcome when you love someone. Maybe the best therapy is telling your story. Weird quirk with me that she ALWAYS ate tacos. That seemed like to me that's all the author thinks people of her nationality eat. I know I'm more than likely wrong and It's obvious the author put a lot of heart into this book. Like I said weird quirk. Don't let my hangups sway you from a wonderful unique story about a growing issue in this world and most of all epic all consuming love.

View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At October 25, 2017 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your review. Tacos are as ubiquitous to California as brisket are to Texas where I live. Sure, they are eaten in Mexico, but my character is American. Everyone loves tacos! Anyway, thank you for giving my work a chance. I appreciate it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home