Tuesday, December 25, 2018

New Review! Bound (Bound Series #1) by Jennifer Dean 3 Cranky Stars

Bound (Bound Series, #1)Bound by Jennifer Dean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I have mixed feelings about this book. I will state the obvious first: this is Twilight fan fiction. The plot, the characters, the situations, even some of the names are the same. It is really a shame that this book lifts so heavily from the Twilight series because the author didn’t have to. Ms. Dean is a skilled writer.


The heroine's internal dialogue is far superior to Bella Swan. Emma is the better protagonist. She’s twice as smart and less then half as emo. I think Jennifer Dean is very talented. She needs to focus that talent on original plots.


This book is almost a scene for scene recreation of Twilight. Just swap the word “vampire” for “immortal.”

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home