Tuesday, December 25, 2018

New Review! Dirty Blood (Crane Diaries #2) by Apryl Baker 4 Cranky Stars

The Crane Diaries: Dirty BloodThe Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Emma Rose Crane (AKA Mattie Hathaway) is still adjusting to having a family and friends who are with her no matter what. She’s finally becoming a young woman and wants her father to treat her as such. With Officer Dan at her side she feels she can do anything mainly because their souls are tied together. When a hunting excursion goes wrong and she’s attacked by a Rougarou it’s a race against time to find him and kill him so her and Cas will survive. With her many sides waring in her mind she must find a middle ground or risk losing herself forever. She turns to people she swore she would never seek out and learns half of the voodoo priestess population really don’t like her. With days to spare she has a plan in place and a group of amazing people to help her out.


I went back and read The Ghost Files after I read Homecoming. I devoured that series in several days it was very interesting and unique. It gave me more insight to how Mattie became Emma. I adore Dan he worships the ground she walks on and nothing will stop him. Only problem I had was it seems the Rougarou(Roo Ga Roo) issue was an afterthought considering it was why she was In trouble in the first place.


Dirty Blood seemed to focus more on her acceptance of her new life and the losses she encountered then last minute it was oh yeah let’s go get that boogie monster. Maybe it was done that way to help her along I’m not sure. I’m originally from Louisiana myself and we know all about the Rougarou it’s a creepy thing that’s for sure and one you don’t want to encounter in the swamp at any time. I can’t wait to see what else Emma and her misfits get into in the next book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home