Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New Review! Legends of Lust: Erotic Myths from around the World by Autumn Bardot 3 Cranky Stars

Legends of Lust: Erotic Myths from around the WorldLegends of Lust: Erotic Myths from around the World by Autumn Bardot
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I was looking forward to reading this book. The Teaser sounded intriguing. However, I can only give it 3 stars out of 5. This is an anthology of 14 different stories ranging from Greek/Roman myths to European, Japanese and Chinese folk tales. The author starts out strong with the first myth and cleverly turns it into an erotic tale. The second story wasn’t too bad either. But by the time I got to 5, I was bored. Each story was the same in its erotic content.


I pushed through till I got to story number 11 and then I started to skim read. If the author really wants to improve this book, I recommend she take just a couple of the myths and expand on them. Find some different words to use to describe the sex acts in each story. Using the same phrases over and over becomes redundant.


I did like that she explained the background information on each myth/legend. There will probably be some readers who disagree with me and love this book. I hope for the author’s sake they find this book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home