Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Review! Renegade Heart by Lissa Lynn Thomas 4.5 Cranky Stars

Renegade HeartRenegade Heart by Lissa Lynn Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


My heart is a doing a little swooning right now! Raif you made this rock chick fall in love with a country music hottie. That hasn’t happened since I laid eyes on Sam Hunt. It’s not so much about his music it’s about the fact that he is easy on the eyes. But this isn’t a love letter to Sam Hunt it’s about Chloe and Raif and how they are meant to be.


Chloe Jane has always loved Raif. They have always been best friends and part of every aspect of each other’s lives. When he is set to marry her “friend” and I use that term loosely she stands by while holding the bride’s flowers. When Pippa cuts and runs like Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride, she steps up to be a shoulder to lean on. They start to really take notice of each other and decide to take a chance on their feelings. Sadly, Raif is a rising country star and Chloe has abandonment issues. She isn’t sure this will ever work out. While his star is rising, she back home running her family bar and trying to dodge her shady drug addicted mother.


Raif dodged a bullet when Pippa ran away at the altar. He loves Chloe Jane and isn’t sure how to tell her. You would think he would be able to tell her in a song. He follows his heart and lands the girl of his dreams. Sadly, at the same time his dreams of country music stardom are on the rise and he doesn’t want to make her choose. He tries to juggle fame and love and sadly one of them gets dropped. When a tragedy strikes, he knows he must head home to the girl who has his heart.


I haven’t read many country music star books. I’m a sucker for a dirty foul mouth rock star but I don’t know Raif might have changed my mind. He is good in every sense of the word minus those few weeks he went off the rails. He just sucked at communication. I liked Chloe, but I think she lived too much of her life for others and never herself. She was good at hiding and pretending things were ok when it wasn’t. I hate Pippa. She’s a witch with a capital B. My heart broke for Luke. I want to hug him, and I can’t wait for his story. This is one series I will certainly be continuing.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home