Thursday, April 25, 2019

New Review! Council of Souls (Fated Eternals #2) by Jen Printy 5 Cranky Stars

Council of Souls (Fated Eternals, #2)Council of Souls by Jen Printy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


This is book 2 in the Fated Eternals series. If you haven’t read book 1-My Soul Immortal, I advise that you do so first. The first book introduces the characters and their relationships which is vital to understanding this book. I found this loved book 1 and found it hard to put down. I was so happy to have book 2 ready to read with no break in between. The characters are endearing, and the storyline is a little different take on good and evil.


Leah has had her life changed forever by Jack’s attempt to save her from Death. She is a Soul Immortal and carries the memories of Jack’s first love Lydia. What makes her unique is that only once before has this happened. Normally, the memories can’t be recalled. Leah however had cancer at age 13 and has been dreaming of Jack since then. She is an artist and has drawn pictures of the memories. This shouldn’t be possible. If history repeats itself, she will lose all these memories if she dies. Neither Jack nor she wants this to happen. So, Jack makes a pact with Death to make her immortal like him and they can live happily ever after.


Right, with Death, there can be no happily ever after. He makes the rules and he can break the rules. As a result, and because of a devious council member, Leah must become a council member. The council members are gatherers. They kill people and “gather their souls” when Death determines it is that person or person’s time to go. Jack’s mentor Artagan had one week to tell them about this. Now, Leah must be trained to be a gatherer and take her place on the council. Killing is not in Leah’s blood and the first night, she breaks down completely. Jack insists on accompanying her from then on. He turns out to be an added complication.


Because of his interference, things don’t go quite as expected. This book takes so many twists I almost got lost. The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn’t put it down until I finished it. There are still so many unanswered questions, I hope book 3 comes along soon.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home