Tuesday, April 16, 2019

New Review! Vor by Gabriella Clark 3.5 Cranky Stars

VorVor by Gabriella Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


I’m sorry for being hard on this book. It is very short, but it is a cute story. It’s a different take on an old storyline. What I don’t like and the reason for the 3.5 stars- it feels like a story for young teens. There is a vivid sex scene that needs to be removed to make this a great story for the younger set. The author states she is a 30-year-old, but the writing and some expressions used felt more like a 16-year-old had written it.


The story is about shape-shifters. In this case, they turn into foxes with multiple tails. The older one gets, the more tails he has and the stronger his powers. The Alpha Daiji is the head of the Kitsune. The humans have found out that the Kitsune blood has healing properties. As a result they are hunting and killing them to get this blood. Unfortunately, the blood does not cure terminal diseases, it just gives temporary remission. More and more blood is needed. Alpha Daiji has 9 tails when in his wolf shape and is the strongest Kitsune known. He gathers the clan together and moves them to a safer location. He is also very old and has never found his mate but it is almost time for him to Ascend (die). Once the clan is safe, he will leave this world.


Daiji has arranged with the dragons to settle the clan on a portion of their land. The dragons will help keep them safe from the human hunters. As he is scouting, he meets Navin, a female fox, his mate. She is Vox (of Spring) and her powers are much different. Then the two of them head to the clan to make introductions and get them to the new lands.


This is where it gets complicated. I’m giving you a quote from the author now because I didn’t pick up on this at all. “I wrote this because one day I thought why are all the heroines always wondering why the hero chose them? Why wouldn’t they? So, I decided to fix that.” Well sorry, I don’t see that, I just see a strong heroine. She can hold her own and work side by side with the hero. I’ve seen that before.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home