Monday, September 28, 2020

New Review! Breaking South (Turner Artist Rocker #3) by Alyson Santos

Breaking South (Turner Artist Rocker, #3)Breaking South by Alyson Santos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Why does an Alyson Santos book make you self-reflect? I guess it’s because she writes what a lot of struggle with an that’s mental health. I adore her books and her ability to make you stop and say ok I feel like I connect to this character because I go through this too. I believe her books will always stand the test of time. Yet it’s not all doom and gloom there is hope in these books. Hope that you can rise from the ashes and reinvent yourself and find love when you least expect it.


Genevieve Fox is the reigning pop princess with a momager to boot. She performs the song others write for the masses. It’s overprocess pop music and this really isn’t who Gen is anymore. She finds herself avoiding mirrors and having panic attacks. She is a just a pawn in her life and nothing more. Her mother and the label control everything. Seriously she is a 22-year-old woman who can’t make her own decisions regarding her career. It’s during a charity event that she meets Oliver a hockey goalie who is also on his way to recovery from a knee injury. He can’t believe this beautiful pop princess gives him the time of day. When he starts to really spend time with her, he notices the woman she truly is. Together they heal each other and navigate the rocky road a very public relationship has. They also help each other notice their true potential.


I really did like Oliver. He was a genuine good guy who just wanted to play hockey and provide for his family back home. Genevieve was naïve in a lot of ways but that was her mother’s fault. Momager didn’t want her perfect lifestyle interrupted and treated her daughter like a prize pony. I hated her. I liked that Gen grew in this book she was far from spoiled. I always know I’m going to read an Alyson Santos book it will come at a time when I need it. Yet another winner in my book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home