Friday, April 22, 2016

New Review! Hooked by Carrie Thomas, 3 Cranky Stars



Millie Diamond (who's name sounds like an old time stage star) is a young, naive, and innocent girl. She plays basketball for her high school and is a somewhat popular girl with a close knit group of friends.

Her dad is a cop in town and one night making a crazy teenage decision the handsome Cash Davis comes to her rescue only to be arrested by her dad.

Cash Davis is a boy who made a series of bad decisions in his life. To run from a major mistake he moves him and his alcoholic mother to a new state. Against better judgement he meets and falls in love with Millie.

This book takes you on the path of teenage angst and falling in love. A little twist toward the end and gets wrapped up for us in the epilogue.

It's been a while since I was a teenager. I struggled to connect with the characters on an emotional level. I have to say, the way Millie acted at times made this difficult. I mean, I get she is fifteen and they're dramatic, but a thirty minute pout fest because Cash came into the house and didn't say 'hi' was a bit much. I dug into the recesses of my teenage self and couldn't remember behaving this way.

All in all, however, this is a decent read. If you love YA and teenage angst - pick it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home