Tuesday, August 21, 2018

New Review! Blue Bayou by Jiffy Kate 4.5 Cranky Stars

Blue BayouBlue Bayou by Jiffy Kate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


First off let me get this off my chest. I’ve been singing this song since I picked up this book.


Ok now let me get this off my chest as well. Tom Cruise isn’t my favorite, but this is an iconic movie.


Maverick Kensington wandered into Blue Bayou when he decided he needed a break from his life with his overbearing greedy father. He was drawn to the building and once he was inside he was drawn to the charismatic owner. He knew she was flustered but he had this genuine need to help her. Fixing things is what Maverick does and he sets out to fix Blue Bayou for Carys. He didn’t intend on feelings getting involved and he didn’t intend on falling in love with the city of New Orleans.


Carys Matthews is the owner of Blue Bayou. It’s a family owned hotel in the heart of the French Quarter. She grew up in these walls and has made this group her family. She is now running the business even though she has no idea how. She’s struggling to make the payments and keep the patrons coming to her hotel. When a handsome stranger blows into her lobby she feels the shift. She slowly starts to let Maverick in and he inspires her to make the hotel better and find that courage inside she knows is there.


Granted I seen the drama coming but it didn’t make me want to hurry and breeze through the story of Maverick and Carys. In fact, it made me want to savor it even more. I loved these two together they just made sense. They slow burned and when they came together woo sparks baby sparks.


I am from New Orleans myself and Jiffy Kate did an amazing job describing such a vibrant city. When that oppressive heat smacked Maverick and Shep in the face I was like ahhh yep it’s brutal but we oddly love it. I would let Jules take me to see drag queens and sing Elton John songs any day of the week. I loved George and Mary as well and the rest of the characters except his dad. That man can go kick rocks. This was a fun story with a sweet epilogue to tie it all up. I can’t wait to read more from Jiffy Kate!!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home