Tuesday, October 2, 2018

New Review! When Time Stands Still by Sara Furlong Burr 3 Cranky Stars

When Time Stands StillWhen Time Stands Still by Sara Furlong Burr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


This story was a mediocre story. I had gone into this excited for a second chance love. I love rekindled romances but was sadly disappointed when I got through it. I had higher expectations that were not met with this. I wasn’t turning the pages with anticipation. There was no on the edge of your seat, heart throbbing tearjerker like I had hoped to get with this story. It was just… Meh


Main girl Elle was a really broken character, but honestly it wasn’t broken in the sense you would think. This character is a very flawed character. I didn’t quite click with her. If anything, I found her very whiny and immature. I don’t honestly understand how she goes from having this great relationship and seemingly confident to insecure and doubtful in the blink of an eye. I enjoyed the confident side of Elle, the Elle that was sure of her future, herself and what she wanted. She was making something of herself and wanted to be better than where she came from. But her bipolar personality threw me off and I didn’t care for it. I quickly lost interest in her when she started putting herself down and sulking about her past as if there was nothing she could do about it.


Logan was nearly perfect. Every girl’s dream. Blonde hair, blue eyes and just yummm. But his biggest flaw, he didn’t go after Elle. I swear. What is it about men and NOT going after the woman they claim to love unconditionally. If he loved her as much as he said he did, he would have dropped everything and showed up on her mom’s doorstep to fight for her. Not give up because of a hung-up phone call. Also, what male remains a virgin through college? That just didn’t seem real.


Which brings me to the next problem I had with this story. The breakup… It made no sense to me. Elle goes from having the perfect relationship to randomly breaking it off for her dying mother, a mother that has hated her, her entire life and lies to him about why she is leaving him. Come on… and why not find him after the mother dies to get her life back? Why leave everything she ever built for herself and all her friends and her education? It made no sense. The logic of the main character was just…. Idk. Odd. It didn’t seem realistic to me. Didn’t seem like it fit together flawlessly.


And who is Eric? Seriously this guy was mentioned in the beginning and then forgotten about until the end when it was convenient for him to appear for the finale. It would’ve been better for him to not have existed at all and for Elle to just be up front and honest.


All in all, this is a 3-star read for me. It could use some editorial reviews and some structure clean up, but it makes for a simple read if you are looking for something to get through quick.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home