Tuesday, December 25, 2018

New Review! From the Grave (Mackenzie Grey: Trials #1) by Karina Espinoza 3 Cranky Stars

From the Grave (Mackenzie Grey: Trials, #1)From the Grave by Karina Espinosa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I found the pacing of this book a little off. This is the first book in the series, however a lot has already happened in the storyline before the beginning of this book. It feels like I started watching a movie about 30 minutes after it already started. Because of this, I find the backtracking and pre book plot kind of confusing.


In this story, there are lots of characters with lots of implied backstory. I would have liked to see these backstories while in progress. I feel that the characters would have been more easily relatable that way. I found it difficult to get emotionally invested in the characters.


Mackenzie and Sebastian as a couple were a little underwhelming. As I said, we get dropped in the middle of their story. We don’t get to see the evolution or the beginning of it, so it’s hard to become invested. I like the author’s writing style. I enjoyed Mackenzie's quick wit. She's a powerful, yet flawed female lead. I give this 3 out of 5 stars. It was ok.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home