Thursday, May 30, 2019

New Review! Work in Progress (Cook Brothers #1) by B.J. Harvey 5 Cranky Stars

Work in Progress (Cook County, #1)Work in Progress by B.J. Harvey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I read this awesome story in a day and a half. It was much needed after reading several heavy books before it. It was lighthearted and uplifting. It made me laugh and it made me swoon. This is one I wouldn’t mind revisiting and I’m looking forward to seeing more of the Cook brothers and the women who bring them to their knees.


Jamie Cook has a dream. He has always wanted to flip houses and have a family. His girlfriend left him because she thought his dream wouldn’t take off and how could she be with someone like that. He finds himself quitting his job and living in the flip. One night while jamming to Queen and drinking a beer and demolishing a wall his feisty spunky neighbor barges in to yell at him. He doesn’t realize this is the beginning of his future. This sexy woman who spars with him and yet has a big heart but is also the mother to a precocious 6-year-old who steals his pizza and his heart. He tries to balance a budding relationship and finish his first house.


April is the mother to a crazy 6-year-old named Axel Rhodes. She works hard as a nurse while her ex mother in law lives with her to take care of the little Houdini. When she barges into the house next door to tell him to keep it down, she wasn’t expecting the wall of muscle to take her by surprise. Her whole life has been work and Axel with no time for dating. She finds herself thinking about the sexy neighbor more and more and they find themselves embarking on a relationship.


Oh, Jamie you are a gem. A guy with dreams and goals and loves kids. I think that would make most ovaries explode. I like that he knew what he wanted and went for it. He moved at April’s pace. April was spunky and I liked her comebacks. Axel you pizza thief and money swindler. He was so darn cute. This book had a good supporting cast and I can’t wait to see who the next book will be about. This is my first BJ Harvey book but I can’t wait to read more.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home