Thursday, August 1, 2019

New Review! Gage (Love Under the Lights #1) by Rochelle Paige and Ella Fox 4 Cranky Stars

Gage (Love Under the Lights, #1)Gage by Ella Fox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


We see actors and actresses fall in love quickly and have their every moment photographed and elaborate stories made up about them in the gossip columns daily. They live under a microscope and this is such a story. An up and coming actress and Hollywood’s most notorious playboy fall in love. Think along the lines of George and Amal Clooney.


Morgan has started her career on soap operas when she lands a movie not many in Hollywood wanted to touch. When she meets Gage at the Golden Globes, he is all venom and mean looks at her until suddenly he wasn’t. She was unsure of what she did to make him angry since they don’t really travel in the same circles. When he finally approaches her, she is taken back and a little smitten. She doesn’t want to be known as the girl who tied down a playboy actor and she also doesn’t everyone to think she is hitching her wagon to his star. What starts out as a covert relationship fast tracks to so much more. Now Morgan and Gage are out for everyone to scrutinize and even that means fellow actresses who want to sharpen their claws on Morgan to get in the spotlight.


Gage has always been adamant on his status. Never get married and certainly never have kids. He is 42 years old and loves his job. He’s a major Hollywood actor with a successful movie franchise to add to his resume. When he notices Morgan at an awards ceremony, he is cranky because he thinks she is with a fellow actor and friend. Once the dust clears and he learns the truth he pursues her with everything he has. Morgan has turned him into someone wanting a future with one person. He romances her and they quickly fall in love. When a crazy stalker makes herself known in their life, he will do whatever it takes to protect the woman he loves.


Ok so I liked this book it had its good points the plot had a lot of potential. I guess for me it was the overly descriptive part that I didn’t like that much. I mean every part of a antipasta platter was listed that detailed. Hey that may work for a lot of people and it’s just my hang up. Don’t let that deter you from the story at hand. I also felt like Allie’s little drama was added as an after thought and then we heard nothing about it. I hope that gets resolved in another book. This book was more on the naughty side then I thought it would be but I guess that is the nature of Morgan and Gage. This story almost had an instalove vibe going on and I liked that. It didn’t take me long to read despite the aforementioned overly descriptive parts that at times made me skip pages. Sorry. I know bad bad reviewer. I think this story would be good for someone who likes sexy times with instalove and a tad bit of drama.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home