Tuesday, September 17, 2019

New Review! The Dugout by Meghan Quinn 5 Cranky Stars

The DugoutThe Dugout by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Have you ever wondered what the C in Cranky TBC stood for? No? Well I’m going to tell you anyway it stands for curmudgeon just like Carson Stone. I guess you can say he’s the unofficial spirit animal of this blog because man is he grumpy that is until he meets Milly Potter. A girl who would normally never be on his radar because let’s face it Carson lives and breathes baseball and doesn’t want the distraction.


Carson Stone had suffered a career altering injury. Instead of being drafted with his best friends he is forced to finish out his senior year of college trying to get his game back. He is just trudging through the game, but he knows something is missing in his plays. It’s not until Milly Potter and her knowledge of the game of baseball. It takes him awhile to finally put his trust in her and accept her offer to help him improve his game. He’s not expecting this fisherman hat wearing baseball goddess to not only challenge him physically but win his heart as well.


Milly Potter is not your typical girl. She doesn’t wear makeup or curl her hair and her knowledge of baseball would rival any player or coach. She has accepted her roll as one of the guys and is content in that lane. Her family lives and breathes baseball especially since her older brother plays professionally and the other two run a top-notch training facility. When THE Carson Stone talks to her, she fumbles and runs away. Slowly he gains her trust and she starts to coach him on his game. Slowly she opens up to Carson and realizes he is just a normal guy and needs someone to love and support him and that maybe just maybe she Is his type after all.


Oh this book broke my heart toward the end. I mean seriously Carson?!! I expected better than that. I loved the cookie incident seen around the college cafeteria and the subsequent jokes that followed. I mean who wouldn’t want free cookies every day? These two were honestly goals. We also got to see some Knox Gentry as well. I loved his loft mate Jason. Can we get his story next or maybe Holt’s mystery girl? I absolutely loved this book it’s full of heart and soul and of course the way these two steam up a kindle woowee! I will honestly say I loved Carson just a tad bit more than Knox and I didn’t think that way possible.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home