Tuesday, February 25, 2020

New Review! Follow My Lead (Joy Universe #2) by Louisa Masters 4 Cranky Stars

Follow My Lead (Joy Universe #2)Follow My Lead by Louisa Masters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 CRANKY STARS


I can only give this book 4 stars. This is a second book in the Joy Universe series, but it is about Dimi Weston. Again, with the same stereotypes that are found in the first book. I can’t believe that people really act like this. Maybe I’m just out of touch. At least in this story, there doesn’t seem to be the overinflated ego’s.


Dimi gets promoted to Director/Producer of the brand-new theater company at Joy Universe. He was originally, an administrative assistant to one of the Assistant Directors. They have brought in a Broadway producer who needed to get away from NYC quickly. Jason Philips is thirty years older than Dimi and needs to learn how to take orders from a younger man. They are partners technically, but Dimi has the final say on all decisions.


I found it refreshing that Dimi is a family man. He goes to dinner at his mother’s house every Monday night. He has eight siblings and numerous in-laws so if everyone is in town, it’s a huge affair. We now learn that Dimi has a secret and his family has no qualms. What they aren’t sure of is the relationship that might develop with his new partner at work. After all, thirty years is a huge age gap. Well written and enjoyable storyline into the trials and tribulations of a new job and new love.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home