Tuesday, March 3, 2020

New Review! Never Leave a Rockstar (Never Trust #4) by Sarah Darlington 4.5 Cranky Stars

Never Leave a RockstarNever Leave a Rockstar by Sarah Darlington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I was waiting for Ollies story for a while. I just knew deep down who he portrayed himself to be wasn’t who he really was at his core. The life of the party Romeo of the band who had ladies throwing themselves at him and him going along with it. Luce was struggling with a major life altering decision. She too hid behind a certain persona portraying this woman who was tough as nails when inside she was scared. I was so glad to get their story. I’ve followed this series from book one and it’s taken a bit to get here but Ollie and Luce didn’t disappoint.


Oliver “Ollie” is a bassist for Sunset Revival the band his in with his brother and cousin. Public Ollie is nowhere near private Ollie. He loves them and leaves them, but one woman is on his mind and that’s Luce. She is the aunt to Emma his brother’s girlfriend. He knows that Luce is eight years older than him, but he can’t stop thinking about her. When he is presented with an opportunity to help her get out of town, he invites her onto his yacht and that’s where trouble ensues. They slowly learn to rely on each other and discover bits and pieces of who they truly are at their core. Luce hates Ollie or so she thinks. He isn’t the typical guy she would ever go for but why is he looking so damn appealing to her? She is dealing with some major life changing decisions and when her crush is about to get married, she fakes a trip she claims she won and heads out with Ollie. Their time on the boat doesn’t go as planned and it goes downhill from there. Luce must face her destiny head on and not try to push Ollie away.


I could go on about their adventures and what lead to their coming together but that would be a spoiler. Just know that they go through a lot and learn about each other. I could relate to Ollies anxiety for sure. Using self-deprecating humor to cope trust me it’s not as uncommon as you think. I think they were a perfect match honestly. She needed someone to shake up her life and he needed someone to calm his down. I wish his brothers were more open to him and Luce. I really enjoyed this story from page one and it didn’t take me long to finish which has been a rare thing for me lately. Read this series from book one to fall in love with the band that is Sunset Revival.
“Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever. I’m good with that.”


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home