Thursday, August 6, 2020

New Review! Bayou Reckoning (The Crane Diaries #7) by Apryl Baker 4.5 Cranky Stars

Bayou Reckoning (The Crane Diaries Book 7)Bayou Reckoning by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I will first off say that ending got to me. I’ve followed Emma Mattie Hathaway Crane since we first met her. She has come extremely far in all these books, but I think this was her biggest fight yet. Emma has so much to lose between Dan and the friends she made her family along the way. This book was at times hard to follow as it’s told from different POVs throughout the book. I haven’t read Bloodlines Legacy, but you will in this story because they are woven into Emma’s story effortlessly. It might be a series I’ll have to pick up just to meet some new faces since Emma’s story is at its end. I think.


Emma is trapped with Kristoff the vampire. They met in the last book when everything went down. He is in her head and it’s not a good place for her. It unlocks happy memories and makes them sad. He uses everything against her. Meanwhile everyone including the characters from the Bloodlines Legacy are trying to find her. When Emma thinks she has hurt the one person she loves the most it unlocks her dark side and it isn’t pretty. She snaps and goes on a rampage and leaves carnage in its wake. When she finally makes it home covered in blood dragging an injured vampire behind her. It will take the love of family and friends to bring her back, but it will take her accepting what happened to fully heal her.


I can’t say too much because it will feel like I’m giving the story away. I love Emma and Dan and I’ve even come to love Zeke and Silas. I know we are at the end because where else can her story go. It’s time for her to rest and build her life but of course Emma will never rest. The different POVs are nice but kind of distracting because you are like wait whose story is this again and placing who belongs to who. All in all, a good story with some heart. You will cheer for her and you will feel sad with her. I would recommend this series and the series where we meet her and the crew to anyone who loves paranormal.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home