Tuesday, October 20, 2020

New Review! Bourbon Fireball (The Barrel House #4) by Shari J Ryan 5 Cranky Stars

Bourbon Fireball (The Barrel House #4)Bourbon Fireball by Shari J. Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Well this book came out of left field for me. Once again Shari J. Ryan touched on a subject I know all too well and that’s the subject of loss. In Bourbon Fireball we get the story of Brody and Journey from his POV. There are layers to Brody that we didn’t even realize. We knew he might have been holding onto a secret, but we weren’t sure how deep it went. This explores that and his relationship with his daughter Hannah and Journey.


Brody at one point seem to have it all. A high school baseball career, a good family, and a few friends. He has always crushed on Journey but knew maybe it wasn’t their time when she sped off into the night. Yet that wasn’t the only thing to alter his life you see Brody once had a best friend who did the unthinkable and he carries this with him still to this day. He managed to pick up the pieces and lock them up tight and got married and divorced and became a single dad. When he is confronted with seeing Journey again after all these years, he figures this is his chance. He knows he has skeletons in his closet and so does she. Little by little they open up to each other and become important in each other’s lives. Being a single dad is hard and starting a relationship with his ongoing secret isn’t easy, but I guess nothing ever is if you want it bad enough.


Like I said this story touched me. I read it in a day and a half and that’s a record for me lately. My mental health hasn’t been great, but I have an amazing family by my side every day. I wish that were the case here. I think even years later all of us are trying to pick up the pieces of our tragedy. I liked that Brody was such a consistent good father. He didn’t take Hannah’s attitude as being a teenager. I disliked her mom and I’m glad Journey stopped running along enough for Brody to catch her. I really enjoyed this whole series.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home