Tuesday, January 26, 2021

New Review! Crashing East (Save Me #4) by Aly Stiles 4.5 Cranky Stars

 

Crashing East (Save Me, #4)Crashing East by Aly Stiles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Julian Hayes once had it all. He was the guitarist to a promising but troubled rock band Crashing East. While what happened was no fault of his own, he was still part of them and suffered the same fate. He is now trying to salvage his career with the remaining band members and one incredibly famous former pop star and her ever persistent assistant Hadley. Just when he thinks that maybe he has a chance his eleven-year-old niece shows up on his doorstep. He doesn’t have the first clue about what to do with a preteen child and together they navigate the first month with lots of screaming and very loud music. Hadley didn’t know her annoying neighbor was Viv’s new guitarist. She tries so hard to hate him but the disaster that is his life appeals to her fix it nature. Slowly Julian and Naomi (his niece) learn how to co-exist and form a bond like no other and Julian and Hadley fall in love. Trust me you’ll love it.


I always mentally prepare myself for an Aly Stiles book. I know she writes from a place of knowing how these characters feel. I haven’t lost a parent, but I have lost a set of grandparents that meant the world to me. I just imagined that ache tenfold. My daughter is eleven and I try to picture her acting the way Naomi does but I think Omi is world weary and touched by grief and that’s why she seems older. Julian handled his life with a certain grace. He never gave up but wasn’t afraid to show his emotions. Hadley well I commend her for being human and normal compared to the train wreck that is the Crawford family. Lord have mercy those people make you want to push them off a cliff then possibly pick them up and toss them off again for good measure. I say we have another winner from Aly Stiles.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home