Sunday, February 26, 2017

New Review! Something (Wisteria 1) by Shelby Lamb, 4 Cranky Stars


Something (Wisteria, #1)Something by Shelby Lamb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

Told in four points of view: Aubrey, Bella, Kendra, and Nathan, Something is about a creeping evil that seeps into their lives through a book in Aubrey's possession.



Each teen has their own problems and are connected in some way. Nathan is Aubrey's ex. Aubrey is Nathan's stalker. Kendra and Aubrey are soul sisters, and Bella, the wild child, is Aubrey's former tormentor.



Through their connection, they're all touched by evil. Sleep disturbances, chilling figures, hallucinations, odd items, and then there are a host of sinister characters who you don't know if they're good or evil.



I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was weird and engrossing. I'd like to give huge props to the author for her courage. No one in this books is particularly likable and yet, I found myself scared for their futures.



Some of the contents of this book made me curl my toes up in cringe. Yes, exactly, I loved it. I also ended up cheering for probably the least likable character in the book, even when I wanted to shake her.



I didn't give this book five stars for these reasons:

1) With the four points of view, it took a long time to build the narrative in the story. I wanted to know how they were connected earlier.

2) I had to re-read some things twice, early on, because it wasn't made clear.

3) Because there were lots of characters, there was a bit of head hopping, which I don't like. It was unnecessary.



In saying that, I sat down and read this book from start to finish in one sitting. It also surprised me and creeped me out in places, which is quite difficult to do.



I cannot wait to follow on with the series and find out what happens.



If you like your chill with things that go bump in the night, I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home