Tuesday, February 6, 2018

New Review! Grim Nora and the Secret of the Skull by A.M. Albaugh 3.5 Cranky Stars

Grim Nora and the Secret of the SkullGrim Nora and the Secret of the Skull by A.M. Albaugh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


Nora just turned 16 and thought her life was going well. Despite losing her mother at a young age she was well cared for by her dad but recently he started to lose himself into his job and a bottle. The day Nora turns 16 she feels something is off but goes about her day and makes plans with her friends and boyfriend. Well that day is a day that will go down as the worst day ever for Grim Nora. She is sucked into a world she didn’t know existed, learned family history she had no idea about, and found a whole new family in the Pathfinders.


I could see there was an excellent story underneath all the other words in this book. It was a lot of story is the only way I can describe it. This isn’t saying I didn’t enjoy parts of the story I did enjoy watching Nora come into her own as the story developed and her tenacity. I felt some things were pulled from other stories like Malachi. He was a mashup of Dumbledore and Gandalf complete with staff. Also, direwolves.


I found it strange that she had a brother that she didn’t know anything about and went with him wholeheartedly. The story behind each characters background was interesting. All in all a good story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home