Thursday, February 22, 2018

New Review! Waterfall Effect by K.K. Allen 5 Cranky Stars

Waterfall EffectWaterfall Effect by K.K. Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


K.K. Allen had me clutching my imaginary pearls with this one. Sweet puppies I didn’t see that coming at all. I sat on this review for all of 15 minutes before I decided it’s best to get my thoughts out now. Much more fun that way! Am I right?


Aurora will always live with the stigma of her father’s illness looming over her. She’s the daughter of a paranoid schizophrenic who’s done some unspeakable things even to Aurora. When we see her again she is returning to Balsam Falls. A town that would rather metaphorically burn her at the stake than see her grace their streets except for one man. Aurora is trying to make peace with her past and hopefully make a name for herself in the future. What she doesn’t expect is that nothing in her world is what it seems.


Jaxon didn’t expect to see Aurora again. It’s been 7 years but his heart still beats for her. He’s made a nice life for himself with a canvas and wine business but his muse left when Aurora blew out of town. When she steps back into town his feelings are mixed with excitement and trepidation. He wants to get back the girl that was his but still has so many answers that only she can give him. Jaxon wants to heal her but, in the process, he starts to heal himself as well.


I’m beginning to think there is nothing K.K. Allen can’t write. She tackled a mystery romance (is that what we are calling this) like it’s something she writes often. Sure, at times I wanted to smack some sense into these two because well hash out your issues like the adults you claim to be. I wanted to hate Scott but couldn’t. He meant well despite going about it all wrong and weird. People!!! That twist that thing that makes it a mystery threw me. I thought I had this story pegged then the rug was yanked out from under me. Sneaky sneaky. I think everyone should dive into this sexy mystery with heart feet first!! Just like Aurora and those waterfalls.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home