Tuesday, September 11, 2018

New Review! Glimmer by Ashley Munoz 4 Cranky Stars

GlimmerGlimmer by Ashley Munoz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Glimmer is this authors debut book and she did it well. I loved the dynamic between Ramsey and Jimmy. They were characters with depth and heart. Struggling with real life issues in a way.


Ramsey is back home taking care of her ailing mother. All she wants to do is soak up these last moments with her but she is forced to seek employment. An encounter on a highway, an altercation in a parking lot with the offensive driver and a taser spark (no pun intended) a bumpy relationship between Ramsey and Jimmy her new boss.


Jimmy is taking a sabbatical from his not so legal past. He is just trying to live every day to its fullest with his children and his father. His abandonment issues run very deep, so he keeps women at arm’s length except when it comes to Ramsey. She makes him feel that maybe just maybe he has found his glimmer. Then his past meets his present and he thinks he may never have a chance with her.


I will admit it took me a bit to finish this book. I really didn’t like how wishy washy Ramsey was how in a sense to me she toyed with Jimmys feelings. I know she had a reason and I fully understand that but she kind of bothered me. Jimmy wasn’t any better but he had serious reasons to keep her length. His kids were so cute and so was Theo. I cheered on Mrs. Carla the whole book. All in all It was a good debut.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home