Thursday, April 25, 2019

New Review! Beautiful Rush (Beautiful #3) by Emery Rose 4.5 Cranky Stars

Beautiful Rush (Beautiful, #3)Beautiful Rush by Emery Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Beautiful Rush started out rocky for me. I don’t know if it was because I felt like I jumped into the middle of something I wasn’t a part of or what but I’m glad I stuck with it. While sure this can be read as a standalone because there is a Cliffnotes version in the middle of what happened in prior books I think for maximum experience you should start at book one and two. I will certainly be going back to read them.


Keira is the jewel in her daddy’s world. Granted his world is all kinds of illegal but he never let his princess go without but when she turns on him ultimately sending him to prison, he shuts her out. Even her mother has washed her hands of her. She now lives a life in Brooklyn with the brothers she never knew. She loves to street race and makes quiet a bit money doing it but supplements with working at a garage. One thing Keira knows and that is cars. She has no desire to start a relationship and thinks that maybe she is tainted and that love is a prison sentence. No one can change her mind so when she finds herself suddenly playing chicken with a tricked-out SUV little does she know someone briefly from her past is about to collide with her future.


Deacon is an undercover cop. He’s so immersed in the drug and weapons trade he starts to see the lines blur. He fights hard to keep one foot in reality which is hard for a foster kid from the streets. Deacon has a good life though he was adopted into the best family he could ever hope for and he plans to keep his life the way it is. He is patiently waiting for the day they can bust this guy and he can move on. One tiny glitch in his plan is Keira. She’s a firecracker with a need for speed and he doesn’t want to drag her into his mess.


I really liked Keira. She was wise for her 22 years. I kind of understand her need to run when things got crazy or just too much. I seen a lot of myself in her with that but once you meet someone who is right for you you just stop running. Deacon really did good of straddling that line. He was such a good guy but very alpha male. Killian and Connor and their wives are the perfect family for Keira. They never judged her and stood by her while she took down her father’s empire. This book is full of suspense and mystery and swoon worthy moments. I love these two together. Now I need to go catch up with Killian and Connor!!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home