Thursday, April 4, 2019

New Review! The Benefits of Bad Decisions by Lisa Suzanne 4.5 Cranky Stars

The Benefits of Bad DecisionsThe Benefits of Bad Decisions by Lisa Suzanne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Holy plot twist Batman. Kudos to the author because I can usually see those coming and this time well I didn’t. I had an inkling like a few seconds before it came. I think it was just what this story needed.


Zoey wanted to make a name for herself. She didn’t want to be known as Ethan the drummer from Vails little sister. She wanted to achieve stardom on her own merit. When a sorrid decision leads to her spot on a bachelor type show she thinks maybe she has got her foot in the door. Wrong so very wrong. Now she’s licking her wounds when an opportunity to be a dancer on tour with MFB. She goes into it hesitantly and is hoping this will get her some exposure. She didn’t expect to feel like part of a family and she certainly didn’t expect Brody Jensen to knock her on her feet.


Brody Jensen had the perfect life from the outside. Doting father and mother and twin sisters but underneath his dad was nothing but a scum bucket. Brody now has his chance at stardom to make a life for himself and create his own family with his band. They are in the midst of headlining their first tour when they lose a dancer and Zoey comes in. She moves with confidence and has a crude sense of humor. She perfect for him but It’s not without consequences. When the epic fallout occurs, it leaves him adrift and trying to find the shore.


For the first little while of this book I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it. Something about Zoey just didn’t settle right with me. She’s 33 but acted like a 20-year-old with no consequences. As the book went on I realized she was just a girl who wanted to be loved and be recognized. She had all the basic human wants and just wanted to do things her way. Brody is your typical 27-year-old playboy finally reaching stardom yet deep down he yearned for that connection. This was my first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t read the series containing the boys of Veil but I didn’t feel it was necessary. Sure, there is some background there that I wasn’t aware of but it’s not mandatory. I love rocker books and this one sure has all the elements including a scheming little witch named Jess. So get your grabby hands on this baby!!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home