Tuesday, January 7, 2020

New Review! Bourbon Love Notes by Shari J Ryan 5 Cranky Stars

Bourbon Love NotesBourbon Love Notes by Shari J. Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


There was a moment in this book where I thought my heart wouldn’t recover. I was ugly crying in my chair, and I started thinking of all the when’s and what ifs of when my life will reach the point that Melody goes through in Bourbon Love Notes. While Cranky has reviewed Shari J Ryan in the past this is my first book by her, and I was pleasantly surprised. That synopsis doesn’t even begin to cover how your heart will feel. To watch a heart break and how that same heart can be repaired by someone who loves you endlessly. Bourbon Love Notes is about healing and love it’s about letting go of you picture perfect life you created in your head. We all look out the same window, but the view is different for each one.


Melody has always had a crush on Brett. He was the son of her father’s best friend and one tiny kiss sparked something in her that she never forgot. Fast forward to her life currently with the perfect boyfriend in the perfect house in the perfect little starter family neighborhood or so Melody thought. She’s been feeling restless for some time with Ace and when she receives news none of us are truly prepared for, she ends it and heads home. You see Melody’s dad’s illness has come back and she’s needed back home to spend time with him and help run his bourbon business among other things. Brett met a woman on a plane, and she seemed so familiar but just assumed she just had one of those faces. When he agreed to help with The Barrel House, he knew Mr. Quinn’s daughters were likely to show up. When he meets Melody, he realizes she was the girl on the plane and the girl who gave him the kiss that changed his life. What happens next is two people who are fated to be coming together to heal and fall in love.


Seriously this book broke my heart but repaired it in a way. I know death is inevitable. Just a time on a clock or calendar that arrives when we filled our purpose but darn this book kicked me in the heart. I did find myself at times slightly aggravated with Melody and her stubbornness and her perfect little view of life. I knew that when she finally stopped for five minutes the girl was going to break. We aren’t meant to be strong like that I’m sorry. I really liked Brett and how he didn’t push he was just a steadfast shoulder to cry on. Ace well he annoyed me like I know he had good intentions but come on man. You can’t treat a woman that way and not expect a blowup. I loved the Quinn family and the Pearson family as well. So yeah if you want a book with heart that will make you cry but mend it back after with the sweetest love then this is your book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home