Thursday, January 16, 2020

New Review! Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy #2) by BB Easton 5 Cranky Stars

Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy Book 2)Fighting for Rain by B.B. Easton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Darn you woman!! I’m all up in my feels and I can’t deal like I need the third book now..please. I wasn’t really prepared for this apocalyptic journey to take a turn the way it did in this book. Avoidance her name is Rainbow Williams or after April 23 she goes by Rain. Her old life is washed away by violence and the fact that the world is going to end. All she needs is Wes and the open road but that isn’t where the powers that be are going to take her. Along with Wes she joins up with her friend Quinten and his brother Lamar which doesn’t turn out how they planned. She finds herself holed up in derelict mall that is run by a woman named Q. Q and the Lumineers (not the band) or I guess you can say they are the Lost Boys to her David since she is an angry witch who is also a megalomaniac.


It’s also here where she gets a blast from the past in the form of Carter and his family. The family that left Rain behind in book one. She tries to find her purpose here where she fits in and just avoids anything that can trigger bad memories so basically Rain becomes a recluse in the tux shop. We go on this journey of avoidance and heart ache and fighting to stay alive with Rain. As she grasps her new world all while trying to keep Wes who isn’t doing so good himself since his motto is basically screw everyone else you only need you. Less mess and heartache that way I suppose. Everything isn’t what it seems though and that will knock you for a loop or twenty. What happens in that mall will have you wanting more and not wanting to put the book down. Who knew BB Easton could make you enjoy the apocalypse?


I do adore this series. It’s the apocalypse with a romantic twist. It’s like Mad Max and some sexy times. Does that make you want to read it because I think it should? The only part that tripped me up was Q and Quinton. I kept thinking she was talking about him when she was really talking about the evil witch. Minor I suppose in the grand scheme of things. I’m sad I’m done but I’m anticipating book three and hopefully get some closure to the saga of Wes and Rain and life post apocalypse.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home