Thursday, July 30, 2020

New Review! Inked (Kill Devil Ink Series) by Sarah Darlington 4.5 Cranky Stars

InkedInked by Sarah Darlington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I think this has been my favorite of the series so far. Nick was relatable and a real person to me. He suffered from a mental illness many of us have. His character was written from a very real place it seemed. Amanda had real issues too and I liked that about her.


Amanda is a tattoo artist who lives a quiet life in her childhood home. She doesn’t have many friends outside the tattoo parlor and she’s ok with that. When a handsome man comes into her shop for a basic turtle tattoo on his butt she doesn’t like him much. He seems uptight and too good for her but she sways him to trust her to improve on his basic turtle tattoo. She figures this will be their last encounter and bids him farewell. Nick has mental health issues. He thinks he is too boring and not the type of guy anyone would want so he dedicates his life to his marine biology degree specifically sea turtles. When he finds himself in a tattoo parlor he isn’t expecting to meet Amanda. Something about the quiet pink haired woman calls to him. He figures this is their last encounter and doesn’t pursue anything beyond that. Fate has other plans for them and it’s up to them to see where this will go.


Like I said I loved Nick. His beanie has his comfort item reminds me of my many cardigans and sweaters. My husband calls them my security blankets. I loved that his panic attacks are just one of many ways they can happen. For some its full scale meltdown while some panic in silence like me. I loved that Amanda was a take charge girl but still very quiet and reserved. They are both introverts. I have liked this series since the originals in which this is a spin off from. I can’t wait for the next story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home