Tuesday, March 30, 2021

New Review! Spotlight (Famous #2) by Eden Finley 4 Cranky Stars

 

Spotlight (Famous, #2)Spotlight by Eden Finley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Apparently to get the boy bander of your dreams you just insult their music and call them a cliché. I mean it worked for Lyric and Ryder. Nothing like a good insult to get the mood going I suppose. That is the case of Lyric a musician and a nanny who doesn’t want to be a sell out and Ryder a former boy bander turned producer that has quit the spotlight to focus on his daughter. One firmly in the proverbial closet and one out and proud.


Lyric gigs on the weekends and is looking for a nanny position to supplement his income while he tries to find that elusive record label that won’t make him conform. While out with his nephew he encounters Ryder Kennedy when Kaylee kicks Chase in the hamster tunnels at a playground but prior to this he can be overheard telling Chase Eleven is a cliché. Ryder is drawn to Lyric and he’s not sure why. While it’s no secret in his inner circle that he’s gay the rest of the world doesn’t know. Surely, he just likes this guy because he’s a challenge and doesn’t care that he’s famous. When he learns that Lyric is also an early childhood degree holder, he thinks maybe it’s time for a nanny. Ryder knows that Lyric has gigs but doesn’t really learn the extent of his talent until he catches a very Brenden Urie rendition of Into the Unknown one day in his family room. They fight each other at every turn. Ryder trying to deny his feelings and Lyric sticking to his guns.


I did have to stop reading to YouTube that version of the song. Boy has pipes and while our Lyric has blonde hair I can’t stop picturing him as Brenden. I always know I’m in for an aww shucks someone get me a fan because the tension in this room is gonna make me combust when I read Eden Finley. She does it effortlessly. It’s not emotionally heavy but you know there will be heart. You will see two people grow and I love that. I loved their family dynamic with Kaylee and her mother. This has been a fun series so far and I can’t wait to see who’s next.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home