Friday, April 22, 2016

New Review! Misfortune, Rae Hattig by Heather Osborne, 5 Cranky Stars





Yet again, this author does not disappoint. Obsorne’s way with words and wonderful plot make this another page turner.

I love the characters have real problems and are intelligent enough to master them.

In this story, Rae is again faced with a serial killer, who ritualistically places the victims in poses based on tarot card. As an aside, where does the author come up with these psychopathic killer’s themes? They are awesome.

Rae has to be my favorite character in a mystery story. She is cool and strong, and her compassion is endless.  I welcomed the return of Luke in this work and also, seeing Rae with Grace, her adopted daughter, was wonderful to see.

Rae and Luke work well together. The romantic tension and funny moments lighten the mood in what is, at times, a gruesome crime drama.

Every page is a new discovery and as Obsorne uses first person point of view, the reader gets more of an insight into these well-rounded characters.

The descriptions of Washington and New Orleans are accurate. The psychic fair was a great way to keep me on the edge of my kindle.  I think the emotions and reactions are believable. I was laughing, crying, and cheering for them.

I look forward to the next book in the series and can’t wait to catch up with Rae some more. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

I will continue to read and recommend Heather Osborne’s books to everyone. Long may she write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home