Monday, May 23, 2016

New Review! My Secret Father by Suz deMello, 3 Cranky Stars




Secret Father: A Sweet RomanceSecret Father: A Sweet Romance by Suz deMello
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Secret Father is the first book I’ve ready by this author. It’s a sweet, second chance romance, centering on our main protagonists, Linda and Dave.



Linda and Dave first meet when she is fourteen and he is seventeen. Dave leaves for college and their paths don’t cross until a few years later when he is graduating.



Dave doesn’t remember Linda, but they are attracted to one another. Sparks fly and things… happen.



Fast forward seven years, Dave has a leg injury that needs treatment. As coincidence or fate would have it, his physical therapist turns out to be Linda.



Linda has never forgotten Dave. How could she? She has a living reminder of their night of passion.After their reconnection, secrets are revealed and this is where the fun begins.



There is a lot to like about this story. It’s sweet. It’s second chance and the sex is more suggestive than overly descriptive.



Told in third person, there was some head hopping and the point of views swung. I would have welcomed smoother and secure transitions between the characters.



There were characters whose names changed or were nicknames and I had to read twice to clarify. In other areas, the detail was over or under done.



I liked Dave a lot more than Linda. Some of her actions and decisions made it difficult to connect. Dave, on the other hand, was a lot more honorable.



I know we suspend a certain amount of disbelief in romance and fiction in general, but at times I struggled. Others, I squinted, trying to make sense of what was going on.



This author and her work show a lot of potential. I hope she can realize it.

View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2016 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Suz de said...

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Secret Father. My website is at http://www.suzdemello.com. You might find reading that's more to your taste there. Ciao!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home