Wednesday, November 16, 2016

New Review! Princess of the Pack by Saranna DeWylde, 3.5 Cranky Stars

Princess of the Pack (The Woolven Secret #1.5)Princess of the Pack by Saranna DeWylde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

This is the second book I've read by Saranna DeWylde. We first met Marchesa, our main female lead, in Big Bad Billionaire. It was quite an introduction.



This novella fills in the backstory of what happens to Marchesa after she's sent into an arranged marriage with Anthony, an extremely powerful wolf, to secure the survival of her pack who have long been at war with the Woolvens.



An alpha female wolf: strong, powerful, but held down by fear, Marchesa is hesitant about the marriage. To complicate matters, her marriage is not only arranged, but unorthodox. She is asked to make decisions based on her head or her heart.



As war breaks out around them, Marchesa and Anthony discover new facets about one another. Secrets are revealed, sides are drawn, and new players enter the scene.



Although I enjoyed this work and will read future books in the series, this one fell a little flat. I didn't really connect with the big decision Marchesa had to make and thought it distracted from the other plot lines. Also, some information was repeated from Big Bad Billionaire and I understand why it was necessary, but in a novella I thought it was a wasted opportunity.



I have to say, I enjoy DeWylde's depiction of strong women in her work and their male counterparts who encourage this strength, rather than wanting to crush it. DeWylde is at her best with love and battle scenes, world building and dropping lore into her works.



I look forward to reading more in the series and hope there's further extension into these packs as well as the Woolvern.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home