Thursday, September 14, 2017

New Review! Redemption Island by L.B. Dunbar 5 Cranky Stars

Redemption Island: Island Duet OneRedemption Island: Island Duet One by L.B. Dunbar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Redemption Island by L.B. Dunbar is an amazing dark romance read. It will make you reevaluate your life. There are twists and turns that will have you thinking about the story, long after you have read it.


The story of Juliet and Tack is redemption after their own personal dramas. While this is a departure from the normal genre that Dunbar writes; she has knocked this one out of the ballpark.
I was seriously blown away with how different this book was from her other stories. This is a good thing. I love how the backstory was sprinkled throughout the story. It gives you a chance to see how much the main characters have evolved. I thought the dialogue was on point. The interaction between Tack and Juliet was realistic. The action is steadily paced, along with the characters growth.


This book took me out of my comfort zone. It made me think about second chances, finding myself, and what I would do if I was placed in Juliet’s situation. While at first, I had zero sympathy for Tack. I really felt like he had brought on all his problems onto himself, I almost overlooked the fact that he was showing growth. There were a few moments where I felt like screaming at him to grow up.


The dynamic between the two main characters and the secondary characters was fleeting. I could sense the tension between Tack and Colton, and I really wish there was more of an explanation of why they antagonized one another. That is the only issue that I had with the story. L.B. Dunbar, on the off chance that you read this review: I want you to know that you did an amazing job. I will recommend this story to everyone who loves stories like this.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home