Tuesday, October 3, 2017

New Review! Poet by A.M. Johnson 5 Cranky Stars

Poet (Avenues Ink, #3)Poet by A.M. Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I've said from the first time I met Kieran in Possession I was going to love him and I never wavered. I now know how right I was. Declan was my tortured artist while Liam was my alpha dog with a hidden heart and Kieran is my sensitive writer soul that I want to be loved by forever.


Kieran is the youngest O'Connell brother. He has always been a person to want to please people. To make them happy yet he truly doesn't know himself or his place in this world. He went to seminary because in his mind that is what he thinks makes his mom happy but now he's floating in life working at Avenues Ink. With the O'Connell brothers world rocked by a loss and then the settling down of Dex and Liam Kieran feels adrift. He writes the words he can't seem to speak in the form of poetry but lately his words don't come that is until he meets Mel. He is intrigued and realizes he will have to work hard for her attention and her affection. His words start to flow once again. Could Mel but the answer?


Mel is a damaged soul. She's done the worst stuff imaginable all in the name of chasing that high. She has suffered loss and faced grief. She's back in the good graces of her family who she has let down time after time. She even has a secret she hides from the world. While working with Kelly she is invited to a party that will flip her life upside down. She can't see herself in another relationship when her life is in turmoil. She doesn't think she is best choice for someone like Kieran yet he is persistent and he captures her soul with his beautiful words.


I love Kieran. Plain and simple. He's just someone you want to know in real life. He is real and pure and yet he has a side that is waiting to be unleashed. His poetry and his words will make you swoon and I'm not a girl to be won with words but you got me Kieran. I think this is a series that tugs at your heart and makes you sigh and makes you relate. We all have pieces of the O'Connell brothers in all of us and now pieces of A.M. Johnsons soul lives on the pages of our books. We're all a little messy inside but we all deserved to be loved. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home