Tuesday, February 13, 2018

New Review! Long Live Dead Reckless by Safari Spell 3.5 Cranky Stars

Long Live Dead Reckless (Long Live Dead Reckless, #1)Long Live Dead Reckless by Safari Spell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


Talor knows loss. She lost her mother and then seemingly a year later her father loses his mind and ends up in a mental institution. She lives with her grandmother and all seems normal and boring and well just life. She is floundering in college and holds a part time job at a nursery for a gym. One coworker seems to be a man whore of epic proportions and one is aloof but probably for good reasons. It’s the aloof one she has her heart set on. Her life is about to fall into a weird spiral of things she had no idea existed until now.


Sage is the singer of Dead Reckless but he also works part time at the gym. He is drawn to Talor like a moth to a flame. Sadly, Sage has big secrets but it’s not just his secrets because the band is like him in many ways. When he finally collides with Talor he knows he will risk his life to save her.


Ok so let me explain why I waffled with this rating. I didn’t know where this was going. There was no background really the beginning of the book just jumped head first into a story that I had no idea was going on then the middle part was good it was flowing then the end just seemed like a scramble to tie up the ends. Things were forgot about like her weirdo boss for instance. Then suddenly a group of magical creatures turned up that were hybrids of things I was lost for a while.

The core plot of the book had such potential but I felt there was so many things going on at once. Spencer and Azalea and all these other people who just showed up but supposedly had significance in her life we never knew about. Also can someone clear up her age? I felt like she acted like a petulant teenager and I wanted off her emotional rollercoaster so darn bad.


I had such high hopes. I don’t want my review to deter anyone maybe they can make sense of it better than me. Like I said awesome plot but too much story at once.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home