Tuesday, May 8, 2018

New Review! Wings of Flesh and Bones by Cathrina Constantine 4 Cranky Stars

Wings of Flesh and BonesWings of Flesh and Bones by Cathrina Constantine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Rogan is a teenage girl living with her adopted siblings and harboring a crush on Max who she doesn’t see like a brother. I wish I could say these are just normal kids with normal problems but they all have a gift. Rather its teleporting or shooting lasers out their eyes they are special. No this isn’t the X-Men but kind of close I guess.


Rogan Is a gatekeeper. She is trained by Castle who took her in as a young child and her guardian angel Max trains her to use her magic for good. She senses there is something different about herself since they won’t let her out on her own. One day she is whisked into a portal by a woman claiming to be her mother and this is where her life gets even stranger. She struggles to return to her world and make sense of all the people around her. She longs to be home with Max and back to a life she considered mundane and prison like.


I just want to say this book had a lot of story lines going on. I’m assuming it was meant to be laying the ground work for book two. Is there a book two in the works? It was just a lot of description and a lot of things jumping from here to there and at times I had to go back to read what was going on. Yes I gave it a 4 because I was invested and wanted to know how things would pan out for Rogan and Max and the crew. It was just a bit much.


I liked the plot of the story and felt it had serious potential. A few of the mythical beings I haven’t heard of and that was cool. Though I did know of a Baku thanks to an episode of Supernatural. Also the Curmudgeon how funny is it that the C in Cranky TBC means curmudgeon? I promise we are not a bunch of lumbering ogres ok maybe only on certain days. I liked this story and felt it would be good for those who love a good paranormal story with all kinds of interesting characters and action. I just wish it didn’t jump all over the place and be overly descriptive.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home