Tuesday, June 5, 2018

New Review! Pulse Vampire Series Omnibus by Kailin Gow 3.5 Cranky Stars

PULSE Vampire Series Omnibus Vol. 1 Books 1 - 4PULSE Vampire Series Omnibus Vol. 1 Books 1 - 4 by Kailin Gow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


This omnibus contains books 1-4 of the series. I read books one through three around when they first came out and decided to pick them up again and give it a go. I wish I could say I enjoyed it the second time around but sadly that wasn’t the case.


Kalina is 17 and is mourning the loss of her boyfriend Aaron. Well she should be but she’s angry with him for in her eyes having an addiction or so she thought. When his brothers come to town (ones she never met much less never heard of) they drop a truth bomb on her about who they truly are and the secret of the blood that runs through her veins. She carries Life Blood and she’s a dangerous weapon. Along with Stuart and Jaeger and Ocatavius (their maker) they set out to solve the mystery of Aarons supposed death they discover so much more.


Each story in this omnibus reveals a little more of the puzzle that is Kalina. She discovers family along the way and fights to find her one true love among the vampires. I really didn’t like Kalina. She was wishy washy and couldn’t chose a suitor to save her darn life. It was almost all this drama for the sake of drama. I love you no wait you no maybe you. I mean seriously get a grip. I guess it was the lifes blood coursing through her veins maybe. Heck they even called Stuarts early vampire form Dark Knight. I mean is he Batman?


I think there would be a good story under all the messiness going on but I couldn’t find it and I think it was mainly because of Kalina. I wanted her to mature and find her true self on this journey. I love a good vampire story and think this would be good for people who might have liked The Vampire Diaries and Twilight.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home