Thursday, September 13, 2018

New Review! The Crane Diaries:Homecoming by Apryl Baker 4.5 Cranky Stars

The Crane Diaries: HomecomingThe Crane Diaries: Homecoming by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I absolutely loved any story set in the great city of New Orleans. It is after all the city of my birth. I was unaware though that this was a spin off the dead files series and I haven’t read those yet but I didn’t feel at a loss for what was happening in this story and it has prompted me to seek out that series so I can get a better grip on Emma Rose Crane.


Emma AKA Mattie is in New Orleans trying to lay low from a catastrophic event that shattered her soul. Literally not figuratively of course. She is a living reaper and her job is to move ghost to the next life. When she is tasked with tagging along with Mary on a ghost hunt with her new crush she encounters something even she has never seen before. With her past coming to visit her and her current life she is a mess and holding on by a thin thread.


I really liked the story of Emma. I’ve never really read a story about a living reaper in previous stories they have been well dead. This book kind of reads like a Ghost Hunters, Scooby Doo and Supernatural mash up. I really enjoyed the story and will certainly be going back to get the story of Emma and her band of misfits.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home