Thursday, October 18, 2018

New Review! Absolution: A Novel by Ava Harrison 4 Cranky Stars

absolution: a novelabsolution: a novel by Ava Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Sydney White seems to find love in all the wrong places. So, she decides to stay single and avoid men altogether. When she meets Jace Montgomery, though, all of that changes.


Jace is a single, widowed dad of two young children. His wife passed away a year ago. He never dealt with his grief, and is a shell of a man he used to be. He drowns himself in work and alcohol to avoid dealing with his feelings. His personal life is suffering, including his relationship with his kids and family. The last thing he can think of is another woman. Yet, he meets Sydney and all of that changes.


The romance between Sydney and Jace is HOT and the angst was off the charts. I felt the frustration that Sydney and Jace both felt. I felt the pain that was consuming and torturing Jace. I felt the overwhelming sadness that Sydney felt when she was in the hospital (I won't say why, I don't want to give anything away).


Overall, this book was great. I wish I would have read Transference before reading Absolution, but it isn't necessary. There were a few points that I felt left unanswered. One being why Sydney REALLY was hospitalized. The other being the fact that Jace never really addressed his alcoholism. Other than those two things, the story was great.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home