Thursday, November 1, 2018

New Review! The Last Resort Motel: Room 666 (The Last Resort Motel #10) by Geri Glenn 3.5 Cranky Stars

The Last Resort Motel: Room 666 (The Last Resort Motel, #10)The Last Resort Motel: Room 666 by Geri Glenn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


I enjoyed this book. It was a quick read. A little horror, lots of romance.


The protagonist was down to earth. Her reactions made sense and she wasn’t overly dramatic or annoying. In horror novels, the lead female is often hysterical and whiny. Shelby had backbone and rough edges. I enjoyed her as a character.


I felt like the setting and the town could have been more detailed. There was hardly any description given at all and I found myself struggling to visualize where our characters were. I couldn’t really picture the structures or the feel of the town. I would have liked a little more elaboration.


I feel as if this were more a romance novel than a horror story. The ghost story takes a big back seat to the budding romance between Garrett and Shelby. Don’t get me wrong, I like a good love story, but the horror element of the book got shoved to the back burner. Almost an afterthought.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home