Thursday, December 6, 2018

New Review! As You Were (Rising Star #2) by Lee Piper 4.5 Cranky Stars

As You Were (Rising Star, #2)As You Were by Lee Piper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I read this story in basically a day and a half. I was that into plus it seemed like a quick read. I now can’t wait to go back and read book one in the series. Yes, they can be read as a stand alone if you’d like to just jump right in.


Willow in on the verge of stardom. Her band won the top prize on a music show and has the privilege of working with world renowned producer Zeke Denton. Her life is up in the air with a sick mother and hardly a penny to spare to her name. The guitar is her life and her escape. She butts heads with Zeke daily yet she’s drawn to him. He calls to her love of storms. He’s a mystery she can’t walk away from despite her career being on the line.


Zeke is closed off. He keeps everyone at a distance. A manipulative ex wife will do that to you. He takes his job very seriously and pushes his clients to be an even better version of themselves. He spots something amazing in Willow and pushes her almost too hard. She pushes right back. When he decides that she is someone worth putting down his walls for sparks fly. He gives her little tidbits of himself and that’s the most he’s ever done.


I really liked this story. It’s not often you see a story about someone winning a singing show. My only hang up was that I wished I would have gotten more backstory on Zeke. He was an enigma and I guess that's the lure of him. My kindle was steamy with the heat these two put off. I liked that Willow was true to herself and her family. She didn’t want people to perceive her as someone who slept her way to the top. She didn’t let the stardom get to her. I hate his ex-wife. What a witch with a capital B. Zeke was an alpha to his very core but that just made Willow love him more. Her band mates were pretty awesome as well. I can’t wait to read book three!!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home