Tuesday, February 26, 2019

New Review! Wicked Gambit (Wicked Origins #2) by Paula Black 4.5 Cranky Stars

Wicked Gambit (Wicked Origins Book 2)Wicked Gambit by Paula Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


As soon as I finished Wicked Origins I pre ordered Wicked Gambit and well I just pre ordered Wicked Rebel. I was so unsure of this series when I picked up book one, but I adore it. It’s different and unique. We know the Wizard of Oz books are darker than the movie with Judy Garland but this is a twist on that. It doesn’t disappoint.


Dorothy is off to secure the item of power from the Witch of the West honest and wicked. She needs to procure the item in order to pardon the brothers and gain her freedom. She is still unsure if she wants to go back to Kansas or stay. The brothers are home to her, but she doesn’t just want to leave Auntie Em and Uncle Henry thinking she died. The brothers have expressed that she is their mate and they protect her with their whole being. The journey to the castle is filled with strife and creepy creatures but also with tender moments between Dorothy and the brothers. When they finally reach the castle of course there are flying monkeys among other creepy crawlies. When she is held captive in the castle, she must figure out the Witches weakness to defeat her once and for all. With Chimmy, Joon, Gin and Toto by her side she can do anything.


This series is going to be the death of me. In a good way. I love it!! I can’t wait to read the next one. It does end of a crazy note but that’s what keeps you wanting to read more. You want Dorothy and the brothers to have a happily ever after. This book is action packed and full of conniving jerks. Is it May yet?


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home