Thursday, March 21, 2019

New Review! Honeymoon Hideaway (Blackout Romance Anthology) by Cary Hart 5 Cranky Stars

Blackout: A Romance AnthologyBlackout: A Romance Anthology by Bethany Lopez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Honeymoon Hideaway by Cary Hart

5 Cranky Stars


I’m dying! I mean anytime you introduce a smoking goat named Burt Reynolds you have to know this is going to be funny as heck. I swooned and I laughed. I mean I need Burt and Dottie in my life.


Vegas Manilow (yep that’s her real name) is the child of a Vegas stripper. Her mama told her stories that Barry Manilow was her dad. Vegas just rolled with it. She knew she wanted to ditch the town and headed for NYC with dreams of being an actress. When life knocks her down, she finds herself back in the town she left seeking help from a family friend and ended up with a life made up of lists (hey they are very important. I’m with Vegas on this one) at One Stop Wedding Shop. She just didn’t realize that the infuriating man known as Jujubee was going to knock her on her slightly neurotic butt. Grant Foster is Jujubee. He is a philanthropist and was out digging wells for poor countries to have water when he got the sad news. He flew back home to find Vegas running his grandparents dream on the Vegas strip. He didn’t expect the girl he was told so many stories about to be this stunning woman. Now he must set out to win her over if she would ever give him a minute. One crazy night full of twists and turns and surprises might just be what they need to slow down and see what’s in front of them.


Ok first off, we occasionally call my son Juju or jujubee only because his name is Jude. So yeah….other than that I love Grant Foster! Tuxedo undies and all. Also, what is with Burt Reynolds? He is like the David Copperfield of that wedding parlor. Turns up in mysterious places usually stoned off his gourd. I really liked this book. Vegas could be a bit stubborn at times but she’s pretty in charge with everything. It’s a quick fun read and I was sad when it was over. I think Cary Hart could make a niche for herself in romantic comedies. Fun story!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home