Thursday, May 2, 2019

New Review! Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful #1) by Emery Rose 4.5 Cranky Stars

Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)Beneath Your Beautiful by Emery Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I already had some knowledge of Killian and Eden because I read book three first. Yes, they can be read as standalones but for the ultimate experience I suggest you start here. I’ve read some damaged tortured heroes in my day, but Killian takes the cake.


Killian “The Kill” Vincent is a former MMA star with a tragic past. A mother who left and a father who drank is all he’s ever known. Killian is a natural protector and defender since he took care of his brother Connor for all his life. When a fight goes wrong, he retires and opens a bar with his friend Louis. Standoffish and gruff he’s the kind guy who only has one-night stands until Eden walks into his bar looking for a job. She had zero experience, but he felt a pull toward her and just knew he met his match.


Eden Madley has been betrayed by the two people who shouldn’t hurt her. She flees small town life and lands in Brooklyn. A place as vibrant and full of art just like her soul. She’s an artist through and through but she has left her passion behind that is until she walks into a bar desperate for a job and locks eyes on Killian. He brings her passion back to life and little by little she scales his walls. She knows it won’t be easy and nothing ever worth having is but she stands by and carries all his burdens.


This book isn’t all swoon and conquering your inner demons there is a pivotal twist at the end that really shakes everyone’s lives up. It’s heartbreaking to read. I like that despite 22 years old Eden was wise beyond her years. Killian’s story was a heartbreaking one and you can feel the guilt he carried. I’m so glad I discovered this series and I can’t wait to jump into Connors story. If you like rough on the edges tattooed bad boys with a gooey center and a bubbly take no prisoners chick this is for you!!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home