Tuesday, May 7, 2019

New Review! That Second Chance (Getting Lucky #1) by Meghan Quinn 4.5 Cranky Stars

That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1)That Second Chance by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I’m a Nola girl through and through and even I know don’t mess with the palm readers in the square even if you did drunkenly crash into them. Who knows what kind of juju they’ll put on you? This is what happened to the Knightly brothers and they have taken it to heart ever since. Especially when Griffin gets a call no husband wants to receive.


Griffin Knightly is the prince of Port Snow. Volunteer firefighter, running the family tourist shop and head of numerous committees. He has lived here his whole life and briefly thought about leaving but his family convinced him otherwise. He has been in a depression just going through the motions until he gets a phone call that changes his life. The beauty he rescues he tries to keep at arm’s length but it’s nearly impossible when everything about her calls to Griffin.


Ren Winter is on a journey of self-discovery. Proving to her parents that at 28 she’s perfectly capable of taking care of herself so she leaves LA for Port Snow where she is set to become the new algebra teacher. When a suicidal moose lands her in a ditch it’s the studly Griff that hauls her up a hill. She finds herself immersed and in love with this tiny town even the nosy neighbors and the gossips. She tries to remain friends with Griffin but it’s hard when he makes it so easy to fall in love with. When she learns his secrets she knows this is something he has to deal with in order to be with her.


I loved it!! It was a slow burn between these two. I mean hello Griffin!! He was the perfect gentleman, but he had a naughty streak that I liked. My heart ached for him and I was cheering him on from my recliner. Ren’s mama is a helicopter mom and it was cute but annoying. She’s almost 30 mama let her fly. The rest of the Knightly brothers stole my heart, but I want Rogan’s story the most. He has a secret and I bet it’s juicy. I just love all things Meghan Quinn and I believe some of the characters in this story have appeared in others. I want more….please???


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home