Tuesday, June 18, 2019

New Review! The Other Side by Kim Holden 5 Cranky Stars

The Other SideThe Other Side by Kim Holden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I firmly believe Kim Holden is some sort of mind reading magical fairy who puts out books exactly when we need to hear the words the most. Bright Side came out during a difficult time in my life when I was struggling to accept my illness and now The Other Side came out when I was struggling with my darkness. The Other Side gave you hope it was a steady reminder that you are enough.


Toby drowned in the darkness. The voices in his head told him everyday he wasn’t good enough. His upbringing was horrible and when someone repeatedly tells you something you start to believe it’s true. It’s human nature. He lives in a tiny pantry of a room in his landlord’s house and just exists day to day. No friendships, no eye contact and heck he doesn’t even talk to people unless he has to. Why right? It’s not until he meets Alice that he thinks maybe I am enough. Alice is hope personified. She is hope and happiness in human form. Granted her life isn’t easy but she still sees the good in everything and everyone. This is Toby’s story and how his life will play out and all the people who are touched by this boy with a gruff exterior but a kind gentle heart.


I read this book in small bursts. I knew Kim Holden would touch on feelings that I don’t want to talk about. It touched on so many subjects I have been witness to in the past and the current feeling in me. I don’t want to give too much away but grab Kleenex. Like go to Costco and get a pallet of them. If you in any small way relate to Toby please know you are enough. You are loved and please find your one person your anchor that you can talk to. You will start to see the light again just hang on. Please.


View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2019 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Priscilla Bettis said...

OMGosh, what a heart felt review. It sounds like a book that leaves a person stronger after reading it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home