Tuesday, July 16, 2019

New Review! The Dust and The Roar by Cat Porter 4 Cranky Stars

The Dust and the RoarThe Dust and the Roar by Cat Porter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


This was a big book with a lot of story. It took me awhile to get into it I will admit. It encompasses several decades and tells the life story of Richie AKA Wreck. It starts in the 70’s and travels on till what I’m guessing is the late 80’s early 90’s. It’s an MC with violence and death and amazingly a love that will last a lifetime.


Richie is home from Vietnam. His life isn’t the same as when he left. His home he shared with his dad is quieter now since his death. He just feels stagnant and needs a reason to belong in this dingy trailer in this dead end town. His one true passion is his motorcycle and the open road and that is where he establishes his MC. It’s mainly a group of guys who ride more a pleasure club than anything at first. He first meets Isadora at a bar where she sang a few songs. He was enamored by her despite never believing in love. They dance around each other for a few years before she finally makes a move. Their love becomes one for the ages. Sadly around this time rival MCs are stirring up trouble and they decide to join another MC to stake their claim on Meager. It’s not without tragedy and strife and fighting for territory. It’s brutal and ugly but this is Wrecks life and he wants to keep Isadora safe from it all. Yet there is someone from his past he has never considered until now.


Ok I will admit this might have been too much book for me. It’s a lot of story with a lot of little plot bunnies happening in it. Like story inception if you will. Lets make a club then somehow drugs popped up and then Isadora then tragedy then Miller. My head was spinning. It was reminiscent of a series I read once that I adored but they are not the same. The Dust and The Roar was very good some epic storytelling so kudos to Cat Porter for that. She covered almost all of Wrecks life in those chapters. I could relate to Miller because my grandmother is also part Native and part white and it was really a struggle in those days. I was glad I got to read this story and I think if you were alive during the 70’s and 80’s you might really connect to this story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home