Tuesday, August 27, 2019

New Review! That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky #2) by Meghan Quinn 5 Cranky Stars

That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)That Forever Girl by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


See I told y’all Rogan had a story to tell. He was Mr Mysterious from book one always lurking just doing his thing and making a name for himself in Port Snow by renovating all the town landmarks. He was the silent Knightly brother and that made him more intriguing and I’m so glad I got his story.


Rogan has always loved his best friend Harper. They pretty much grew up together, so it was natural they take that next step and life was good. They had many adventures in Port Snow, but the Snow Vale Manor was their private place. A dilapidated mansion rich with history. Rogan knew he wanted to do two things in life and that was play pro football and marry Harper. Sadly, tragedy struck and Rogan being Rogan acted out and plans changed. Now he’s faced with the reminder of his past mistakes when Harper comes back to town. Harper swore she would never forgive Rogan. She wouldn’t let him past all the walls she built around her heart because going back home was her only option. You can’t avoid each other forever in a tiny town so they are repeatedly thrusted together by meddling family and friends. Harper slowly starts to interact with Rogan, and they form a tentative friendship and things bloom from there. Old pain is rehashed, and healing begins.

I hated Rogan midway into this story. I know he was acting out of a place of pain and anger but come on dude calm down. Harper was a different character in the sense that her life wasn’t all about a career and being someone important she was content and happy being Rogan’s forever girl. Her happiness and her goal in life was to be a wife and raise kids. Not that I’m saying she didn’t have a passion for things but that was her happiness where she found her soul. In a person not a career. I liked that about her. I kind of feel like my life is like that. I’m happy being a stay at home mom it’s where I found I’m good at something. This book isn’t all darn you Rogan and love and fan yourself sexy times it’s also about the unwavering support of the crazy Knightly brothers. I was laughing at their text exchange and #deathbycentaur that had me dying. It would be a pretty epic way to go by a horse man with a bow and arrow. I wonder who the next story will be about? Brigs? Can I have Brig’s story next? Please??


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home