Tuesday, October 22, 2019

New Review! Beware the Violet (The Eulogimenoi Series #1) by Maria Vermisoglou 5 Cranky Stars

Beware the Violet (The Eulogimenoi Series Book 1)Beware the Violet by Maria Vermisoglou
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


This book came to my hands just before Halloween and it’s about Halloween so how could I give it anything but 5 stars. It has all my favorite characters in it, fairies, pixies, witches, shifters, and monsters. When I first started it, it sounded like a take on “Alice in Wonderland” but it is way better than that fairytale. Although, who doesn’t love the white rabbit. And, really, a town that has a whole festival for Halloween to attract tourists, perfect.


Violet and her sister, Diane live in a small town. Diane is fifteen and loves everything about Halloween. Violet is seventeen and hates all the supernatural stories and festivities. But her parents make her participate and downtown they go. As Violet leaves the house, she sees a white rabbit but can’t believe it. Later, as she tries to sneak out of the party, she sees him again. Since this is extremely odd, she chases after him. Soon, she comes to a gorge in the bushes that she had never seen before and her world changes. As she falls after the rabbit, she is sure she will be killed.


But, do not fear. Her life of magic has just begun. She meets magical and mystical characters and learns she will be the key to saving the world. The only bad thing about this book is that it is divided into three parts and did get a little confusing as I tried to write this review. All parts are related even with a little take on “Harry Potter” thrown into the mix. I think all ages will enjoy this book.


View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2019 at 9:38 AM , Blogger maraki said...

Can I give you a virtual hug? I'm crying and laughing right now!

Thank you, thank you! <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home